Join our team
Join the Greene’s team.
Welcome to the Greene’s vacancies page. We employ a wide range of people to support our academic reputation as Oxford’s most established and oldest tutorial college.
We have a history of providing a very high level of tutorial service in its sixth form and providing excellent results for those students wishing to enter university for over 55 years.
We are always looking for enthusiastic individuals to join our teams both in Oxford and Estoril. If you have any questions about any of the jobs listed or require any technical assistance with accessing or using the online jobs application form, please do not hesitate to contact us here.
We look forward to hearing from you.
Our current jobs & vacancies are listed below:
Vacancies at Greene's
Title of job
Greene’s is looking to appoint extra Examination Invigilators to assist the College’s Examinations Coordinator in the supervision and invigilation of examinations. The successful candidates will work as part of a pool of invigilators and will need to be reliable, punctual, highly flexible and able to relate to students.
To oversee and supervise examinations and to ensure that guidelines and regulations for the integrity and security of the examination papers and procedures are followed during examination sessions. The primary responsibility of invigilators is to support candidates in a calm and approachable manner whilst maintaining examination integrity.
Responsibilities of an examination invigilator
- To assist in the setting up of examination rooms
- To ensure all candidates receive appropriate examination question papers and answer paper
- To give the invigilator announcements before exams start,
- To be aware of any needs that candidates may have during an examination
- To ensure answer scripts are collected in candidate number order and are supervised as required until they are delivered to the Exams Office
- To complete Invigilator forms and relay any incidents that occur during the exam session back to the Exams Office.
- To ensure candidates obey the regulations of an examination room as laid out in the examination guidelines
- To maintain security and confidentiality
- To record attendance on the official examination attendance registers
- To ensure no inappropriate items are brought into the examination hall, such as mobile phones, personal stereos, revision notes or other paperwork unless told otherwise
- Ensure all candidates are aware of the pre-exam start information and of any erratum notice that may affect them
- To ensure there is no talking or disruption for the candidates once an examination has begun
- To ensure all candidates are seated before opening the question papers
- To assist in other activities as may reasonably be requested by the centre from time to time
- To attend briefing and/or training sessions before each set of examination series start, to discuss new developments.
Primary duties of exam invigilators:
- Check in at the Exams Office during designated times to collect examination papers and associated paperwork
- Set out exam papers on the correct desks in advance of students entering the room; in larger rooms, several different exams may take place.
- Organise the admission of students to the room, at the correct time and to the correct desks, in a coherent manner.
- Check candidates’ ID., dictionaries and calculators.
- Escort students to comfort breaks under exam conditions.
- Compile accurate attendance/absentee records and to complete the administrative processes and paperwork as directed by the Exams Officer and/or Senior invigilator.
- Use a mobile phone to contact the Exams team with paper and administration queries.
- Deliver the examination papers back to the Exams Office immediately and securely at the end of an examination.
- Able to invigilate consecutive examinations, assuming at least a 30-minute break is provided.
- Demonstrate respect for all students and colleagues.
- Ensure that candidates get their approved access arrangements.
What we can offer you
- A well-managed examinations department with supportive colleagues.
- Training in Invigilation
- Flexible working hours, based on Examination Timetables. Greene’s is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of our students and the appointment will be subject to receipt of satisfactory references, and an enhanced DBS Disclosure check.
£12 per hour of invigilation
All invigilators are usually requested to arrive 30 minutes before the beginning of examination and can claim this time in addition to the time they spend invigilating examinations.
The payments are done through College’s portal: Greene’s Online upon a submission of expense claim by the invigilator. Every week all claims need to be submitted by 5:00 p.m. on Thursday for the payment to be made on Friday by the Bursary.
Apply here Download the role description here