Greene’s Summer Programme 2023
A summer in Oxford – learn & explore with our Summer programme.
the city of oxford awaits YOU
Home to one of the most famous universities in the world, Oxford is steeped in history and buzzing with culture. With buildings in every style of English architecture since the late Anglo-Saxon period, discover the city that nurtured history’s greatest minds for over a century. Explore the works of Leonardo da Vinci and Picasso in the Ashmolean Museum, write a poem in the Eagle and Child where C. S. Lewis and J. R. R. Tolkien’s Inklings regularly met, or try out some traditional punting on the River Cherwell. Get ready for a summer of learning and discovery with the Greene’s summer programme 2023.
Explore & learn
During your two to four week long summer programme, you will be taught in small group or paired subject tutorials and seminars. Designated seminars will provide practical advice on how to apply to U.K. universities including the UCAS application process. Local excursions to the University of Oxford’s constituent colleges and trips to G5 and Russell Group universities will help you set you academic goals and explore potential undergraduate destinations.
For students wishing to focus on their current school subjects, Greene’s experienced academic tutors will help consolidate existing knowledge, improve your methods of learning and revision, and help you get ahead for the coming year.
What is included in the Greene’s Summer Programme 2023?
- Academic English Tutorials – rapidly improve your ability to read, write, speak and understand academic English.
- University Applications Masterclasses – gain practical advice for successful application to elite U.K. universities from expert university counsellors.
- Leadership Seminars – these popular sessions focus on developing the seven skills identified by Professor Tony Wagner for a successful, sustainable career in the modern and future economy.
- Research in Action Workshops – develop the skills needed to conduct effective independent research, necessary for life at university.
- Sustainability and Social Impact Seminars – explore the nature and effects of biodiversity, nutrition, and climate change in our modern world.
- Wellbeing Workshops – learn how to perform at your best by enhancing your wellbeing.
Register your interest
All timetables are customised to the requirements of the individual programme participant
|9 a.m.||Academic English||Academic English||Academic English||Academic English||Full Day Excursion to G5 or Leading Russell Group University||Full Day Cultural Excursion||Free Time (Independent Study Recommended)|
|10 a.m.||Subject Tutorial||Subject Tutorial||Subject Tutorial||Subject Tutorial|
|11 a.m.||Leadership Seminar||Research in Action Workshop||Leadership Seminar||Research in Action Workshop|
|1 p.m.||University Applications Masterclass||Sustainability and Social Impact Seminar||University Applications Masterclass||Wellbeing Workshop|
|2 - 6 p.m.||Supervised Study||Local Excursion||Local Excursion||Supervised Study|
|Evening||Independent Study||Independent Study||Independent Study||Independent Study|
Greene’s does not provide student accommodation. Instead, we connect you with host-families in Oxford who provide you with a safe, homely environment from which you can study and explore the city, while having your meals and laundry catered for. Students are also welcome to select another source of accommodation, should they desire.
Click here to view your options.
Students must be at least 16 years of age to enrol in the summer programme.
|Four week programme||£5,450|
|Two week programme||£2,950|
All fees are non-inclusive of accommodation.
|Four week programme||17th July - 11th August 2023|
|Two week programme||17th July - 28th July 2023 OR 31st July - 11th August 2023|