CERTIFICATES & POST-RESULTS SERVICES
This page sets out the timetable and procedures the examination boards (and thus Greene’s) follow in relation to the publication of your public examination results.
Examination results days 2022-23:
|A levels, AS levels, International Project Qualification||CAIE||Summer 2022||11th August 2022|
|Pre-U||CAIE||Summer 2022||18th August 2022|
|A levels, AS levels, FSMQs, EPQs, Level 3 qualifications||AQA, Edexcel, OCR, Eduqas (WJEC)||Summer 2022||18th August 2022|
|International A levels, International AS levels||Edexcel International||Summer 2022||18th August 2022|
|IGCSEs||CAIE||Summer 2022||18th August 2022|
|GCSEs, IGCSEs, Level 1 and Level 2 qualifications||AQA, Edexcel, OCR, Eduqas (WJEC)||Summer 2022||25th August 2022|
|IGCSEs||Edexcel International||Summer 2022||25th August 2022|
- AQA, Edexcel, OCR, Edquas – shortly after 8 a.m. on the day in question
- CAIE, Edexcel International – before midday on the day in question
What options are available to me?
If you feel that the exam grades you have been awarded are incorrect there are a number of options available. Please be aware that remarks can lead to a result going down as well as up.
Broadly speaking the options are as follows:
- Clerical re-check – this ensures that all parts of the paper/script have been marked and added up correctly. It does not include a review of the marking. It is not available for coursework components assessed by us and moderated by the examination boards.
- Review of marking – the paper’s marking is reviewed by the examination board. This also includes a clerical check at the same time. It is not available for multiple-choice components or for coursework components assessed by us and moderated by the examination boards
- Priority review of marking – this is as above but the review happens much faster so as to try and meet if possible the UCAS deadline. It is only available to students who have university places riding on their results.
In addition it is possible to request a copy of the script. Here there are two choices:
- Priority requests – where a remark is being considered. Please note if you are requesting a priority remark it is not guaranteed that you will receive your script back before the deadline for priority remarks.
- Non-priority requests – where you want a copy for your information.
There are different options for the JCQ boards (AQA, Edexcel, OCR and WJEC), Edexcel International and CAIE (Cambridge Assessment International Examinations) and these are summarised – together with our fees and deadlines for application and payment – in the tables below.
If you still have concerns after the result of a remark there is an appeals process. Please contact us for more information about this.
JCQ Boards (AQA, Edexcel, OCR and WJEC) & Edexcel International
|Priority remark||£180 per script||25th August 2022|
|Priority remark with copy of script||£225 per script||25th August 2022|
|Priority copy of script||£45 per script||25th August 2022|
|Standard remark||£150 per script||29th September 2022|
|Standard remark with copy of script||£190 per script||29th September 2022|
|Clerical check||£50 per script||29th September 2022|
|Clerical check with copy of script||£95 per script||29th September 2022|
|Copy of script||£40 per script||29th September 2022|
CAIE (Cambridge Assessment International Examinations)
|Priority remark||£190 per script||23rd August 2022|
|Priority remark with copy of script||£250 per script||23rd August 2022|
|Standard remark||£150 per script||20th September 2022|
|Standard remark with copy of script||£200 per script||20th September 2022|
|Clerical check||£65 per script||20th September 2022|
|Clerical check with copy of script||£125 per script||20th September 2022|
|Non-priority copy of script||£50 per script||14th October 2022|
On your results day, your examination results will be emailed to you. For JCQ examination boards (AQA, Edexcel, OCR and Edquas) this will be shortly after 8 a.m. For other examination boards (CAIE and Edexcel International) you will receive your results no later than midday. Greene’s post-results services are available thereafter.
Your results will also be available on your Greene’s Online account.
Please do not hesitate to get in touch with us if you have any problems accessing your results.
Certificates are only awarded to those students who have completed all the papers for their chosen examinations (and in the case of modular courses such as international A levels have chosen to cash in their modules).
Certificates are typically arrive at Greene’s from the examination boards 2-3 months after results are released.
To receive your certificates you have two choices. Either you can come into Greene’s to collect your certificates in person, bringing photographic ID, or you can provide a stamped, addressed envelope (A4 size) so we can post them out. (Please note that Greene’s does not undertake to post out your certificate(s) unless you have provided us with an A4 envelope with the correct postage and address.)
In order to arrange this, please contact us here.
The examination boards no longer produce formal printed results documentation. Instead, they provide schools and colleges with electronic copies of statements of results. These can be e-mailed out on request.
For reasons of data protection, the examination boards only release to schools and colleges the results taken by their own candidates. Once Greene’s has received your result(s), we will ensure that no other candidate in our college will have access to your results.