Entrance and Aptitude tests
Greene’s offers independent school entry and university admission test preparation courses.
WHAT IS AN APTITUDE TEST?
If you are applying to universities such as Oxford or Cambridge, and some other Russell Group universities, most U.S. universities or colleges, or to study Medicine or Veterinary science departments, you will be expected to sit at least one of a number of aptitude tests. Aptitude tests are designed to assess your potential and suitability for a place on a chosen course, giving the institution an idea of how you might cope with the work that you will encounter at university level.
Much depends on your reasoning and analytical skills, rather than on your subject knowledge.
Greene’s offers individual tuition to help you gain a better understanding of whichever entrance or aptitude test you are required to sit. Often the best approach is determined self-study with a flexible level of support from Greene’s.
WHAT GREENE’S CAN OFFER
The format and requirements of each test varies, and our typical support will be structured over a number of aptitude tutorials, all aimed at covering different aspects of the test. You will receive homework exercises after each session, which your tutor will collect and return to you with feedback. For those looking to sit the ELAT or the HAT this homework may involve an intensive course of essay practice, while for those undertaking the BMAT it may be a case of attempting difficult calculations or answering ethical conundrums.
While most U.K. aptitude tests tend to be taken in the late autumn, U.S. aptitude tests, such as the SAT or the ACT, are available throughout the year, and Greene’s can offer tuition at any time to suit your needs.
SOME APTITUDE TESTS THAT GREENE’S CAN HELP WITH
- BioMedical Admissions Test (Oxford BMAT)
- Common Entrance examinations 11+, 16+ etc.
- Economics Admissions Assessment (ECAA)
- English Literature Admissions Test (ELAT) (University of Cambridge)
- Engineering Admissions Assessment (ENGAA)
- History Aptitude Test (HAT) (University of Oxford)
- Human, Social, and Political Sciences Admissions Assessment (HSPSAA) (University of Cambridge)
- Physics Aptitude Test (PAT) (University of Oxford)
- Test of Mathematics for University Admission (TMUA) (University of Cambridge)
- Thinking Skills Assessment (TSA) (University of Oxford)
- University Clinical Aptitude Test (UCAT)
- U.S. SAT I
- U.S. SAT II